A new presidential order has increased the period for foreign nationals to carry out address registration in certain cities during the FIFA World Cup to three days (previously 24 hours).
Special Registration Rules
From 25th May 2018 to 25th July 2018, special rules for migration registration of foreign nationals will be enforced in connection with the 2018 FIFA World Cup in the territory of the following cities:
Kaliningrad, Kazan, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Samara, Saransk, Sochi, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg.
- The migration registration of foreign nationals not staying in hotels should be carried out within three days following the day of their arrival in the specified cities. This applies to those arriving both from abroad and from other cities and regions of Russia
- Hotels will complete the registration procedure for their guests during this period within 24 hours of arrival
- This procedure applies to all foreign nationals including Highly Qualified Specialists (HQS) and their family members, nationals of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), foreign nationals arriving for business or tourism and residence permit holders
- An exemption exists for foreign nationals included on FIFA lists
- Migration registration is to be performed only by local divisions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (MIA) or at multifunction centres (MFC), and not via the post service
- Foreign employees are to be registered at the address of their employer, dependents at the address of the apartment where they stay
Failure to register in time may result in fines and possible deportation from Russia.
- If possible, foreign nationals should avoid entering the specified cities unless staying in a hotel
- If the trip is necessary, foreign nationals should avoid entering these cities on Fridays and Saturdays, to avoid the registration period falling on the weekend
- If foreign nationals enter these cities before the reinforced security measures take effect, they should be registered before 25th May (in accordance with unofficial recommendations given by the representatives of the Head Migration Department of MIA)
- During stays in these cities, foreign nationals should be sure to carry their passport, migration card, the detached part of their notification on arrival (migration registration document), any work permit or work patent, receipts confirming tax on income payments (for work patent holders), and their labour contract (if working without a work permit or passport)
For advice and information on immigration to Russia in general, please email us at email@example.com