The Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Social and Labor Affairs (MADLSA) have announced some forthcoming new work and residence permit rules.
The proposed measures include a new temporary work visa and permission for sons of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship.
Temporary Work Visa
- This new visa would be available for urgent , seasonal and short-term work for a specific period up to six months.
- A temporary work visa valid for one month will cost QAR 300; for two months - QAR 500; and for three to six months - QAR 200 per month.
- Further details are not yet available.
Sons of Foreign Residents
- The proposals include permission for the dependent male children of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship but after obtaining the necessary work authorisation.
- Currently, male dependents who wish to work must apply for work authorization through a sponsoring employer, and relinquish their dependent status.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
For general advice and information on immigration and business travel to Qatar, please email us at email@example.com.