Newland Chase is preparing a submission of evidence and comments on behalf of its clients to the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) on the future of UK immigration. We are seeking input from interested individuals, companies, and organizations to help influence the future UK immigration policy post-Brexit.
What is happening?
In June of this year, the UK government commissioned the MAC to carry out an in-depth analysis and form recommendations on future salary thresholds for skilled foreign workers and the feasibility of an ‘Australian-style’ points-based immigration system for the UK after Brexit. As part of this process, the MAC is inviting all interested parties to submit evidence and comments to be considered in their analysis and recommendations.
Why is this important?
Salary thresholds have a major impact on employers’ ability to recruit and hire needed foreign talent. The MAC analysis and recommendations will have a significant influence on lawmakers when determining future immigration thresholds and the future UK immigration policy after separation from the EU.
This current open consultation and call for evidence presents companies in the UK with a valuable opportunity to influence decision makers as they chart the future of UK immigration policy.
What can you do?
As an individual, company, or organization with an interest in the future of UK immigration, you may contribute in two ways:
- You can submit your evidence and comments directly to the MAC by going to the Home Office website here. Follow the instructions, register for the call for evidence, and submit your evidence and comments online. We encourage all clients to do so. Online submissions must be made before 5 November 2019.
- You can participate in Newland Chase’s submission by completing a short, anonymous, online survey (approximately 10 minutes) by clicking the button below. Our UK immigration experts will then compile the results and prepare a detailed submission to the MAC based on our clients’ interests. Surveys must be completed by 28 October 2019.
Where to Get More Information and Assistance?
- For guidance and assistance with any submission, please contact Newland Chase at email@example.com.
- For more information and resources on Brexit, visit our Brexit and Immigration: What You Need to Know support page. You’ll find helpful alerts, white papers, links to on-demand webinars, and contacts for assistance.
- Watch an on-demand recording of our most recent webinar Brexit Update: Next Steps for Your Business where our UK and EU immigration experts broke down the current Brexit and immigration situation and offered concrete guidance for business in the UK and EU.
Newland Chase, a wholly owned subsidiary of CIBT, is the leading global provider of immigration and visa services for corporations and individuals with over 1,700 expert immigration and visa professionals, attorneys and qualified migration consultants located in over 70 offices in 25 countries – providing immigration and business travel support to and from more than 190 countries around the world.